Ten Questions We Encourage Your To Ask Now Dental
Now Dental is just about the friendliest dental practice serving the Carmichael, and the surrounding communities within Sacramento County. Yet we know that people tend to be apprehensive when it comes to all things related to dentistry. Well part of our friendly attitude towards your dental hygiene is our willingness to educate you on how to improve and maintain your teeth! Asking our staff questions is encouraged! Everyone that works at Now Dental can answer a broad range of questions related to dentistry.
1. What can I do to improve my smile?
– Sometimes the answer might be simple, sometimes Now Dental may suggest creating a dental plan with the specific goal of improving your smile!
2. What is the best kind of toothbrush and floss for my teeth and gums?
– Not everyone should be using the same kind of toothbrush or floss. Now Dental can make specific recommendations based on the structure of your teeth and gums.
3. How often should I have a dental exam and cleaning?
– This varies depending on oral health, dental appliances, and issues that your dentist or hygienist detect.
4. What kind of products should I use or avoid to keep my teeth whiter?
– Every year there is a new product promising whiter teeth. Your dentist and hygienist can help you pick the right product or regime!
Why do I have dry mouth and how does it affect my teeth?
-Dry mouth can be caused by numerous things. Medications and Cancer treatment being the most common ones. Dry mouth tends to not only be uncomfortable but increases the rate of decay. Over The Counter products can help some. Ask your dental professional for some recommendations and samples.
6. What can I do to prevent cavities?
– Cavities lead to a lot of problems and potential expenses. In many cases, Now Dental can suggest a regime that can help prevent the things most people fear when it comes to dentistry, the drill, pain, and big bills!
7. Can you tell if I am grinding or damaging my teeth, crowns, or fillings?
– Grinding of teeth happens! Sometimes it is a subconscious thing, sometimes it happens while you sleep. Best to be aware because a dentist can design appliances that can help protect your teeth!
8. I see blood when I floss, is there anything I can do to reduce or prevent bleeding gums?
– Bleeding gums can be a sign of many things you don’t want happening in your mouth! Your dentist will likely be advised of bleeding by the hygienist, but be prepared to ask how you can deal with bleeding between dental checkups!
9. What are the insurance, self-pay, financing, and billing of your dental practice?
– Regardless if you have the best dental insurance or paying out of pocket, it is always good to know what to expect when the bill comes!
10. Should I change my diet in any way?
– On top of impacting many aspects of health, one’s diet can directly affect the condition of teeth and oral health!
These are a few questions to the staff at Now Dental at your next dental appointment. Not only will you come away smarter about taking care of your smile, but it will help you build a more informative relationship with your dentist, hygienist, and even the dental practice receptionist! Taking care of your teeth is a cooperative effort! The staff at Now Dental is ready to answer all questions related to your dental hygiene and care!